Associate Pastor, Education and Administration
I'm Thomas Martin, Associate Pastor of Education and Administration at First Baptist Church Pineville. My goal is to equip everyone who attends to know Christ, to grow in Christ and to share Christ with others.
As the title suggests, I am glad to talk to you about any of our education ministries. (Sunday School, discipleship classes, RA's, GA's, Life Enrichment Center, etc.) I also spend part of my time helping with the day to day leadership of the church. (Budgeting, finances, staff, etc.)
In the spring of 1994 my family moved to Central Louisiana from out of state. After spending all of high school and college here, I consider it home. I moved from Cenla to Fort Worth, Texas to pursue my theological education in August of 1998. While working at a Christian bookstore I met Adrienne and we were married in June of 2002.
Adrienne taught high school math for seven years and was excited about staying home with our daughter, Anna and that she gets to do the same with our son, Daniel.
I am so glad to be home and we are excited about raising Anna and Daniel in a smaller community.
Birthday: December 17, 1975
Master of Divinity with Biblical Languages, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary,
Fort Worth, TX; December 2002 (Minor: Media Communications)
Master of Arts in Christian Education, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary,
Fort Worth, TX; December 2002 (Major: Church Administration)
Bachelor of Arts, Louisiana College, Pineville, LA; May 1998
(Major: Media Communications; Minors: Religion and Religious Education)
Before coming to FBC Pineville, I was the Associate Pastor for Bellevue Baptist Church in Hurst, TX. Prior to serving at Bellevue, I was the youth minister at Colfax Baptist Church while attending Louisiana College. (Outside of church, I worked for many years in Christian retail and for one year as an 8th grade math teacher.)
Interests and Favorites:
- Places: If Adrienne and I say we are on vacation, it is a very good guess that we are in the mountains of New Mexico. We enjoy the Santa Fe and Taos area.
- Dream Trips: Northern parts of the East and West coast and the Holy Land.
- Books: I mostly read books about church growth and education in the church.
- Favorite Television Shows: I enjoy shows that make you think a little bit but also have funny lines like N.C.I.S. or shows that are just funny like Duck Dynasty.
- Hobbies: Spending time with Adrienne, Anna, and Daniel. I also enjoy working with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Life Scripture: My personal favorites is Matthew 5:16 because it reminds me that somebody is always watching me and my words and actions should always be pointing to the Lord, ". . .let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."